Friday, January 16, 2015

Secretly Hoarding Anything?


"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord."   ...Hebrews 12:14


*****

Probably most days I love the Internet and how it's simplified and added value to my life. 

But other days the complication (and pathetic-ness) I find here makes me dream about a parallel world that continued without the Internet's invention--and wonder if I'd really have missed all this. 

I mean, my introverted tendencies appreciate communicating with others this way, all home and in my pj's-like. Yet those same tendencies can tempt me to close the computer screen, step away and avoid this whole ambiguous, complicated cyber world.

Except of course, that same world contains real people (no matter how many of them argue otherwise) and God has asked me to help a tiny fraction of them, promising me the bravery to do so.

Yet even so, some days! Oh, sometimes (I confess) it feels like pure luxury to not write in this blog. To let this cyber world with real, beating (dare-I-say-stubborn) hearts just keep spinning out of control in realms where Jesus is barely a blimp and sadness, unforgiveness and hopelessness guide peoples' days.

Though yes, we all need our vacations. Non-vacation-takers can burn out faster than a falling star, and honestly, I'm getting better about taking those days off, guilt-free. 

Yet when Grace is nudging me, "Write! Encourage!," while I'm all, "Nah. Don't wanna today," that becomes problematic. There is no true happiness, I remind myself, in disobedience, nor in making excuses, just wanting to do what I want to do or blaming everything and nothing for my own hang-ups. 

I have been bought with a price, after all, and no longer belong to myself. 

We all wish to have a 'cup that overflows' and to 'see good days,' but I've learned when I try holding onto garbage simultaneously, my days turn anything but good. 

Babies cannot separate trash from treasure, hence our need to grow-up and let the garbage go. Let it go. Let it go. That is for me, that is for you. That is to keep us all healthy and filled with joy in any world we happen to step into during 2015.






*****

P.S.   Oh, and in case you wondered, nah... No one lately has said anything mean here at my blog or at Facebook, etc.  :) All is well.


*****


"For the Scriptures say, "If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies."  ... 1 Peter 3:10

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"   ... Matthew 7:3


“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” 
― Steve MaraboliUnapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience



*****


Have you heard about Buffalo's new ice bikes? For whatever reasons (perhaps a scene in the old series, Road to Avonlea?), they seem so old-fashioned to me. Again and again, I do love where I live.






3 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Well, those ice bikes are amazing...I posted the link on FB and wish they might come to north east Ohio....Not for me, but surely my grandchildren and my children would enjoy them.........Does anyone ever fall off?

Pam said...

I like it..."let garbage go." Wish I understood why it's so tempting to hold onto some of the junk. You're right, tho, letting go puts us on the pathway to freedom.

Debra said...

Kristi--so glad you liked those ice bikes! Aren't they one of those "I should have thought of that" ideas? :) I'm thinking they probably can't tip over--I'm wondering, because they slide before they stop, if anyone ever gets run over, though! :) heh.

Pam--thanks for commenting and giving me a whole other post! I always appreciate that kind of help. :)

Thanks, Ladies! Blessings, Debra