Friday, November 21, 2014

Those Annoying Cowards


"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry..." ... James 1:19

*****

So for lots of years I allowed anonymous comments here in my blog, but a couple weeks ago I decided, uhm, no. No more.

Why? Because occasionally catty, read-between-the-lines-and-you'll-see-I-hate-you comments would appear and I finally realized something. Namely, I'd become a Coward Enabler.

Cowards leave mean, I'm-gonna-spoil-your-day-then-hide-in-my-room-and-watch-you-react comments. Cowards half-read what you write, are quick to speak and make accusations, often because you represent something they are lacking. Online cowards (especially) are usually controllers and passive/aggressive bullies deathly afraid of appearing weak, hence, one reason they won't leave their names after a cruel comment: they fear you'll call them out, personally, and they'll be shown for what they are: fragile. Powerless.

There's more, but you get the idea.

So rather than remain a Coward Enabler, I switched my settings. But relax! Anyone can still say catty things or disagree with me. They'll just need to leave their name and/or a link to do so.  :)

Just view it this way: I'm doing my duty to entice people to become braver in Life and perhaps choose their words more wisely or say nothing at all, extending mercy, instead. Or to cause them to consider all that, anyway.

You're welcome.  







*****

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."   ...Proverbs 18:21







*****



Now, of course I'm not referring to those of you who've left normal comments but simply forgot to leave your name. I understand that. Truly.


*****


This may be 'just' a commercial for Glade candles, but it does my heart a heap of good each time I play it. Oh, the gifts God gives people!


*****

The new Friday Freebie from SavingStar? A personal Celeste pizza. Check it out here.


*****

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good for you Debra !

terricheney said...

I agree with you 100%. Love this post, lol!

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

:)
I am hoping you are not too buried in the snow. You may send some to Montana.....please. :)
Nancy from Montana