Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Have a Vision?

                                                 (Yeah, I've got lighting issues. I know.)

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."   ... Proverbs 29:18


*****

From the opening of the box of (un-assembled) shelves to placing the final chotchkie on the last shelf above our sink, it took me 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Good grief. And you should have seen me hobbling as I tossed the box clutter away--all those contortions over and inside a kitchen sink will do that to a pathetically-out-of-shape person.

But I am absolutely thrilled with my new shelves.



I've found that most great changes in our lives won't happen until we get a vision for them beforehand. No vision usually equals the same ol,' same ol' thing forever.

But when we picture what we'd like to have--be it shelves above our sink or a change in a relationship or our health or the color of our house--then suddenly! We know exactly what to look for, we're somehow led to it and our eyes recognize what we'd envisioned when they see it.

If we don't envision what we want then, generally, things remain the same (or worsen) and we find nothing good.

And who wants nothing good?  :)




*******

"... for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord."   ... James 1:6,7


Vagueness is an enemy of success.


Not all dreamers are winners, but all winners are dreamers. Your dream is the key to your future. The Bible says that, "without a vision (dream), a people perish." You need a dream, if you're going to succeed in anything you do.” 
― Mark Gorman


*****


Do you ever watch Bear Grylls' Running Wild? Tom and I have enjoyed them all. Truly. 

The only thing? It often frustrates me that Bear makes these celebrities do stunts so outrageous, that even professional outdoors-men would quiver in their hiking boots. 

Like, if I'd been Tamron Hall, I'd have stomped my foot and refused to rappel down that final cliff. I mean, really! But then, I'd not have experienced the exhilarating sense of accomplishment which she did, either.

But still...

*****



Free Kindle books:





No comments: