Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Vintage Gift For You

Oh my goodness. I've found something special for my kindred spirits who love all things vintage:

Becoming a Vintage Housekeeper

This is a free online course offered by Alison May, author of the blog, Brocante Home. I'm so loving the retro artwork and delightful, inspiring paragraphs like these:

"For the Vintage Housekeeper's life is terribly old-fashioned. She lives by routine and ritual, and breaks up what could be monotonous with frequent celebration, often of her own devising. Her home is fun and playful. There are places for sanctuary and peace too, for the Vintage Housekeepers recognises that we all need changes in atmospheric tempo if we are to thrive in the hurly burly of modern life....

... Above all else then, home must be a place of certainty: certainty of both mood and routine so that our imaginations are free to wander. We cannot be creative if our minds are frequently numbed by worry, fear or simple, ongoing domestic crisis and so the Vintage Housekeeper declares herself Mistress of house, home and hearts, and sets her mind to making housekeeping her raison d'etre because she understands that the creative future and long-term stability of herself and family depends on it."


So if you're so inclined, click on over there now and sign up! I plan to spend part of my day there --wave if you see me. But writing such as Alison's always makes it hard for me to sit still ... I've a feeling the rest of my day will be spent with an apron, a smile and a mop and broom. :)


 "So that they will wisely train the young women to be sane and sober of mind (temperate, disciplined) and to love their husbands and their children, to be self-controlled, chaste, homemakers, good-natured (kindhearted) ..."   ... Titus 2:4,5
*****


P.S. I've not been able to click back to the course from the email sent to me after signing up, so for now, I'm just returning to the original post and clicking on 'more info.' Just wanted to mention that in case the email link doesn't work for you as well.

Enjoy!



No comments: